Whoever said “Life isn’t all sunshine and rainbows” never visited the enchanting state of New Mexico or attended the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. Artists, writers, and poets have long been inspired by the hues of hot pinks, deep purples, and flaming oranges that dance daily across the mystical southwestern sky. But for one week in October, chasing rainbows becomes even easier as hundreds of hot air balloons take flight and turn the already stunning atmosphere into a kaleidoscope of dizzying colour. The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta may be the largest balloon event in the world, yet its Mass Ascension, fiery Balloon Glow, evening fireworks, and other beloved rituals aren’t the only highlights on this vibrant New Mexico holiday. Visits to artsy Santa Fe, and the Miracle Stairway are equally uplifting.
- We’ve packed everything you need for the perfect holiday—from hand-selected hotels and dining to the friendly expertise of Globus Tour Directors and Local Guides, to seamless transportation between destinations and VIP access to the world’s most iconic sites! Touring by private, first-class, air-conditioned motorcoach with free Wi-Fi.
- Due to security clearance requirements at West Point Military Academy, all guests are required to provide our Tour Director with valid Passport information by day 4 of the tour.
- Guests should be prepared for sustained walking and standing.
- Schedule of Fiesta events are subject to change and will be confirmed on tour.
- The Globus Family of Brands insurance does not allow us to arrange hot air balloon rides for our guests. There is an opportunity while on tour for guests to make their own arrangements at the balloon field.